BP’s Annual Conference and Exhibition held in Hazelhead Park, Aberdeen
To provide a series of marquees for BP’s Annual Conference and Exhibition in Aberdeen. Including a Giant 40m wide marquee for the main venue and 8 additional marquees for reception chalets, exhibition space, and service marquees. They all required a high quality interior bespoke finish to create a dramatic back-drop to the conference.
- Main venue – Giant marquee 40m x 50m, with an interior flat white roof lining and bespoke purple tack-off gables and walls.
- Entrance – 2x 8m and 3x 12m – Premier Mercury marquees, with bespoke tack-off lilac linings throughout and fully glazed frontage.
- Reception – 20m x 50m marquee complete with bespoke flat tack-off lilac linings throughout for an exhibition and drink reception area.
- 1x 15m x 15m marquee fitted with a bespoke horizontal lining, and luxury Moduvac toilet system
- 1x 15m x 30m marquee for all back of house services and kitchens
All marquees where fitted with an integral cassette floor system to create a level finish.
The site chosen at Hazelhead Park, Aberdeen was a heavily sloping area, which is always a challenge when building a level structure. The park is a council owned area, used for a number of events each year, and was only available for use on the condition it was left in a pristine state for the event the week after. Due to nature of the ground, the marquees had to be positioned on the top of the hill which meant a large amount of trackway was required just to get the 100 ton crane into position for the Giant marquee.
Despite these challenges, the event proved a huge success, whilst retaining the condition of the beautiful grounds.