The legendary half marathon, which took place in September and was shown live on BBC TV, saw 40,000 runners take part, watched by Team GB stars Mo Farah, Greg Rutherford and Nicola Adams.
Last year saw us become the event’s official supplier of marquees, after signing the contract with organisers, Nova International. The event required marquees for various purposes including, VIP hospitality, changing rooms and massage areas.
In total, we supplied 10,340sqm worth of marquees, which were used along a route taking the athletes from Newcastle to the finishing line at South Shields’ seafront.
Among many uses, applications of the marquees included:
- Charity bases- over 80 6m x 12m marquees and 6m x 6m Pagodas.
- Elite athlete changing room and shower bay- 16m x 47m Premier marquee with Apex roof.
- Athlete massage area- 6m x 6m aluminium frame marquee
- Dope testing and Officials’ area- 12m x 18m aluminium frame marquee
- Field hospital – 15m x 75m aluminium frame marquee with eclipse curved roof.
- Press centre – 3m x 9m aluminium frame marquee
- Photography zone – 9m x 12m aluminium frame marquee
We supplied a turnkey temporary event supply solution by delivering every element of temporary equipment that the organisers required in addition to the marquees, including lighting, heating, flooring, chairs, tables and even garden furniture.
Our contract with Nova International also saw us work at 15 other sporting events last year, including the Bupa Great South Run, held in Portsmouth in October, five British Gas Great Swims at various locations across the country and the Camelot National Lottery at London’s Olympic Park in March.