Stadium construction and seating
GL events UK’s stadia team has expertise in the design, manufacture and installation of permanent and semi-permanent solutions for stadia across the UK and further afield.
The team consists of structural engineers, surveyors and project managers with expertise in design, planning and legislation, as well as sporting league and association regulations. This allows them to manage and coordinate all aspects of your stadium construction project and be there for you every step of the way – from inception through to handover.
Multi-purpose stadium solutions
GL events UK can be trusted to deliver a bespoke, cost-effective grandstand solution that will be completed on time and within the constraints of your programme.
Whether you want to redevelop, replace or refurbish your grandstand, the multi-purpose solutions available from GL events UK will add value to your club and enable the following scenarios:
- Increase the capacity of your stadium to satisfy Football League admission regulations
- Boost capacity in response to a promotion
- Replace a stand that is no longer fit for purpose
- Re-develop an entirely new stadium to incorporate office, conference, banqueting and training space
- Create extensions to existing buildings in order to improve club facilities
The highly-skilled team specialises in the internal fit-out of clubs, offering a turnkey solution so that all structures, including power, electricity, heating and cooling are fully taken care of. This allows your club to create, improve or extend areas such as receptions and offices, or toilets and cloakrooms with confidence
Other areas that can really add value to your club, and generate some much-needed income, include hospitality and conferencing, restaurants and bars, VIP boxes and camera platforms.
As a world leader in temporary structures, GL events UK can also provide temporary entrances, tunnels, walkways, media centres and short-term hospitality structures, or any other space that you require for your special project or event to give it some extra wow.
Consultation and advice
The expert team is on-hand to offer guidance around planning, green guide regulations and legislation, including:
- Structural design and calculations
- Foundations groundworks, drainage and infrastructure works
- Steel frame design and installation
- Various cladding and envelop solutions
- Terracing solutions in concrete, aluminium, steel or timber
- Electrical and mechanical design and build
- Independent portal frame structures to create extended club facilities
The Stadia team at GL events UK has a long history of developing stadiums with irregular ground conditions and site levels and as a result has developed a series of cost-effective technical groundworks packages, such as:
- Pre-cast concrete retaining walls
- In situ concrete retaining walls
- Removal of ground contamination and asbestos
- Groundwater attenuation and hydro breaks
- Storm and foul drainage
- Headwalls and weirs
- Auger pile foundations
- Pad foundations
- Ring beams and trench foundations
- Finish works such as tarmac, block paving, permeable paving and landscaping
Quick seating expansion solutions
The hybrid seating system by GL events UK is demountable and can be installed within very short timescales, offering you a fast, future-proof solution – a bonus when budgets and timescales are tight. It is made of a steel frame structure with a shotgun adaption to accommodate an aluminium or timber decking system. A seat frame can then be attached to the riser to create the hybrid system product.
Seats can be finished in your club’s colours and branding, and at all times the highest standards of quality in stadium seating installation are ensured.
Experience that speaks for itself
GL events UK boasts many satisfied customers within the Football League, including Boreham Wood, Blackpool, Watford, Exeter City and Barnet.
The ever-growing and impressive examples include rugby football clubs Gloucester, Harlequins and Worcester, and even the Matmut stadium; home of Lyon’s Lou Rugby Club, plus Kent County Cricket Club.
Why not read the dedicated showcase brochure which outlines the portfolio of successful stadium construction projects? Click here.
Seeing is believing
If you would like to see the quality of one of the projects in person, you are more than welcome to take a tour of any completed or ongoing project. Just ask for more details.