Anglia Ruskin University Graduation Ceremonies
Since 2010 GL events UK has supplied temporary structures to Anglia Ruskin University for its week-long graduation ceremonies. The University hosts two graduations per year; one at the East Road Campus and one on Rivermead Meadow – an open space on its campus in Chelmsford, Essex.
The University needed temporary structures to be used as an entrance, an auditorium and stage and a post-ceremony drinks area. Temporary seating and ancillary items were also required.
The temporary structures created for the ceremony totalled 1,345sqm, made up of three Premier structures, a 1,100sqm hard-sided temporary structure for the auditorium, a 200sqm registration marquee and a 720sqm marquee for the post-ceremony drinks.
In addition, GL events UK provided:
- Seating: 270 tip-up tiered seats and 750 tip-up flat floor seats
- Furniture: 200 banqueting chairs for the stage, trestle tables, coffee tables and leather sofas
- Stage: 120sqm stage, with steps and ramps
- AV equipment: Full audio visual including screens, plasmas, camera work and recording facilities
- Lighting: Full stage and house lighting and emergency lighting
- Power generation equipment
The auditorium proved a worthy venue for a ceremony which has grown to become a high-profile event, thanks to the awards of honorary doctorates to stars including singer Kylie Minogue, novelist Jilly Cooper, swimmer Mark Foster and handbag designer Anya Hindmarch.
Also supplied was a temporary structure in the central courtyard of the Cambridge campus linked to various buildings for the post-ceremony drinks.