Gloucester Rugby Football Club
Kingsholm Stadium’s original South stand first opened in 1932 and, with a capacity for just 1,800 spectators, was no longer fit for purpose for the growing club.
GL events UK more than tripled capacity at the home of Gloucester rugby, demolishing and removing the existing structure and constructing an all-seater grandstand with pre-cast concrete terraces, capable of accommodating 7,500 fans.
The design incorporated elevated hospitality boxes, located on a secondary balcony-level, high above the main spectator seating. This allowed a greater seating capacity in the main terraces; which consist of part-permanent and part demountable seating, with additional VIP areas.
The south stand makes the most of every available space, incorporating club administration facilities, several restaurants, bars, concessions, conference facilities, offices and changing rooms.
The redevelopment works at the club took place in two separate stages. In 2004 the East stand was replaced with a 3,000 all-seater stand and then GL events UK returned to the club to replace the south stand which completed in 2007.